Chipotle Pork Cheeseburgers
- 1 lb. ground pork (not lean)
- 2 teaspoons minced chipotle in adobo plus 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, forced through a garlic press
- 4 slices Muenster cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- Prepare a gas grill for direct-heat cooking over medium heat; see Grilling Procedure .
|Gently mix pork, chipotle, garlic, and a scant teaspoon salt until just combined. Form into 4 (1/2-inch-thick) patties.|
|Oil grill rack, then grill patties, covered, 4 minutes.|
|Flip patties and top with a slice of cheese. Grill, covered, until just cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes more.|
|Spread buns with mayonnaise and assemble burgers.
Makes 4 servings
Source : Gourmet June 2009
We’ve made these before and like them very much, maybe even more than a traditional hamburger. The original calls for avocado, cilantro and tomatillo…my avocado got overripe, the store did not have the tomatillo and the hubby didn’t know there was cilantro in the fridge. We also had a bevy of condiments – ketchup, mayo, ranch, hot sauce. I do however think that I would have liked this with a nice fresh tomato.