Sour Cream Enchiladas
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 ½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 onion, chopped
- 12 10-inch flour tortillas
- 10.75 ounce can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 4 ounce can chopped green chiles, undrained
- 8 ounce container sour cream
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350°.
Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Place chicken breast in skillet and cook, stirring, until no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Divide chicken, 1 ½ cups Cheddar, and onions evenly among tortillas, then roll each up and place seam side down in 13×9-inch baking pan.
Heat cream of chicken soup and green chiles in saucepan over medium heat. Stir in sour cream. Continue stirring until heated through, 10 minutes. Pour sauce over tortillas and sprinkle remaining Cheddar on top. Bake until sauce is bubbling and cheese is melted, about 25 minutes.
Makes 8 servings
Source : Allrecipes
These were not spectacular. They sounded good, but the actuality left much to be desired. For starters, I would brown the chicken in a skillet with some seasonings on it and then shred it. The cubes of chicken were awkward. Secondly I would get rid of the onions, they were overwhelming. Maybe just less or a substitution of green onions.