Three Bean Vegetarian Chili
- 15-ounce can dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 15-ounce can small white beans, rinsed and drained
- 15-ounce can low-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 14½-ounce can diced tomatoes and green chile peppers, undrained
- 1 cup
beeror chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons chocolate-flavored syrup
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons
- Dairy sour cream (optional)
- Shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine kidney beans, white beans, black beans, undrained tomatoes and green chile peppers, beer or broth, chocolate syrup, chili powder, and Cajun seasoning.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours.
If desired, garnish individual servings with sour cream and cheese. Makes 4 servings.
Makes 4 servings
Source : www.bhg.com/Better Homes & Gardens
My own chili which came from my mother’s recipe archive is my favorite chili. This however makes an excellent second. Being vegetarian makes it an even better option for those weeks when meat is not in the budget. It just had this great smokey deep flavor that made you want more. It didn’t rely on spicy heat to make it a good chili, but on it’s excellent blend of flavors. My children were intrigued that it had chocolate syrup in it. We use cocoa powder in our regular chili, but chocolate syrup is for ice cream!