Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
- 1 cup freshly shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 medium-size onion, chopped
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons crushed cheddar cheese crackers (such as Cheez-Its) (optional)
Toss together ½ cup of the cheddar cheese and the cornstarch; set aside.
Place chicken, broccoli, onion, broth, ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper and the cheddar cornstarch mixture into slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours or on LOW for 4 hours.
Remove lid and stir remaining ½ cup cheddar cheese and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper into slow cooker. Sprinkle crushed crackers over top and serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings
Source : Family Circle
Although a cinch to prepare, the end result was less than spectacular. Maybe adding the suggested rice to the final product would have improved it some what. It just didn’t have the flavor that we are used to, bland does not go over really well in this household. Next time we might have to “kick it up a notch”, if there is a next time. More than likely this will suffer the fate of most 2 star recipes, never to be seen again.