- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 26 ounce jar low-sodium pasta sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 small zucchini (¾ pound total), trimmed and cut into half moons
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 12 ounce package fully cooked turkey meatballs, quartered
- 2 9 ounce packages light four- cheese ravioli (such as Buitoni)
- 1 8 ounce bag shredded part-skim mozzarella
Heat oven to 375 F. In bowl, stir salt, pepper and sauce. Coat a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Ladle ½ cup sauce over bottom.
In a large nonstick saute pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add zucchini and Italian seasoning. Cook, stirring, 5 minutes.
Scatter a third of the meatball pieces over sauce on bottom of pan. Top with one package ravioli, 1 cup vegetable mixture, 1 cup of the cheese and second third of the meatball pieces. Top with remaining ravioli, zucchini, meatballs, sauce and cheese. Cover with foil.
Bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover dish and bake 10 more minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
Makes 8 servings
Source : Family Circle
This was a nice, quick alternative to regular lasagna. I also enjoyed the added benefit of not needing to cut it up for each of the younger kids. The small raviolis were easy for them to handle on their own.