Chipotle Taco Filling
- 2 pounds 85% lean ground beef
- 2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 30 ounces canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 14 ½ ounces diced tomatoes with peppers and onions, drained
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, mashed
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- Taco shells or flour tortillas
Brown meat in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring to break up meat. Drain.
Combine meat, onions, beans, tomatoes, peppers, bouillon, sugar and cumin in 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker. Cover; cook on LOW hours or on HIGH 2 hours.
Serve filling in taco shells. Top with shredded lettuce, salsa, shredded cheese and sour cream, if desired.
Makes 8 cups
Source : The Slow Cooker Bible
This was easy enough to fix, but I did not really like it as a taco filling. It didn’t have the taco seasoning flavor that I expect, and was in fact much more mild. The kids loved it, but they love anything taco related.