Bacon & Maple Scalloped Potatoes
- 1 red onion , thinly sliced
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 ¼ cups fat free reduced sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup milk
- 3 slices fully cooked bacon, chopped
- ¼ cup maple flavored or pancake syrup
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices (about 6)
- 1 cup Kraft Shredded Triple Cheddar Cheese with a Touch of Philadelphia
Heat oven to 400ºF
Cook onions in large skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium-high heat 3 to 5 minutes or until crisp tender, stirring frequently. Remove onions from skillet.
Add cream cheese, broth and milk to skillet; cook and stir on medium-low heat 5 minutes or until cream cheese is melted and mixture is well blended. Remove from heat; stir in bacon and syrup.
Place half the potatoes in 13×9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; cover wiht layers of onions and shredded cheese. Top with remaining potatoes and cream cheese sauce; cover.
Bake 1 hour 5 minutes or until potatoes are tender and top is golden brown, uncovering after 50 minutes.
Makes 8 servings
Source : kraftrecipes.com
I don’t know that the preshredded cheese with the touch of cream cheese was worth the expense to me. On the other hand, the real maple syrup is always worth the expense. These were pretty straight forward and simple to make. As is typical for me, potatoes never cook in the allotted time in my oven. I had to leave them in somewhat longer.