- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- ⅓ cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces wide noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in next nine ingredients. Spoon into a greased 3-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with cheese.
Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until heated through.
Makes 4-6 servings
Source: Taste of Home
This was easy to prepare, but not a true marzetti, meaning I prefer it with elbow macaroni. The flavor was very good and elbows could easily have been swapped in for the egg noodles.