Thai Peanut Beef and Pea Pods Over Noodles
This was not my favorite, but the rest of the family enjoyed it. For me, I think it was the beef, I usually like Thai flavored dishes, but we do not usually have ground meat in the recipes.
- 8 ounces uncooked thin spaghetti
- 1 lb. lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 4 green onions, chopped (¼ cup)
- 8 ounces fresh pea pods, halved diagonally (about 3 cups)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 3x¼x¼-inch thin strips
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup chopped salted peanuts
|Cook and drain spaghetti as directed on package; cover to keep warm.
|Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, cook ground beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Add onions, pea pods and bell pepper. Cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
|In small bowl, mix broth, ground red pepper, salt and cornstarch. Stir into beef and vegetables. Add peanut butter. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until thick and bubbly. Serve over cooked spaghetti; top with peanuts.
Source : BettyCrocker.com
This entry was posted in Beef
. Bookmark the permalink