Cheese Biscuits with Chipotle Butter
As you can see, my biscuits are a little flat. They were also a little cracker like. Cornbread is not my favorite, I thought mixed in with the biscuit mix it would be better. The chipotle butter, while exciting, was a little much for the tastebuds in this house. This wasn’t bad from a recipe standpoint, but wasn’t an I-can’t-wait-to-make-it-again recipe either.
- 1 (6.25-ounce) package biscuit mix
- 1 (6-ounce) package cornbread mix
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon fajita seasoning (optional)
- Garnish: fresh cilantro sprig
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, diced
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce
|Stir together first 5 ingredients, and, if desired, fajita seasoning. Pat or roll dough out onto a lightly floured surface to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut dough with a 2-inch round cutter, and place rounds on a lightly greased baking sheet.
|Bake at 400° for 10 to 12 minutes. Serve with Chipotle Butter. Garnish, if desired.
|Chipotle Butter: Stir together all ingredients.
Makes 2 dozen biscuits and ½ cup of butter
Source : Southern Living November 2001
This entry was posted in Bread
and tagged spread
. Bookmark the permalink