This isn’t a new recipe, but we did remake it slightly. The first time around we had the wrong sausage and seasoning.
This time was even more interesting, we had to mix up our own chili beans. I found a recipe online for substitutes for chili beans, it was kidney beans + water + tomato paste + cumin + chili powder + garlic powder. Unfortunately I didn’t save the site I found it on. We used basmati rice which is a little stickier than the standard. Last time the sausage was a major issue, no one like it, this time we had a sausage link, no flavored, but better than the last try.
These adjustments were well received, we all liked the newer version better.
First made 8/29/11